Sunday, September 28, 2008

1 month old!

Our cute little Kaitlyn is 1 month old today. We have grown to love her more than we could have ever imagined. Time is flying by fast, and soon I will be going back to work. That will be a hard day for me. In the past month Kaitlyn has grown a lot and so have Steve and I for that fact. Some of the milestones we have hit are:



Kaitlyn can:
*follow people with her eyes as they move across the room
*take a pacifier (that took 3 1/2 weeks)
*smile
*hold her head up for the most part
*coo and makes noises at people
*take a bottle (breastmilk bottle)
*gained almost 2 1/2 pounds in 4 weeks with rolls in her thighs, arms, and neck to show for it
*9 pounds 12 ounces at 4 weeks

Steve and I have hit the biggest milestone and that is to learn to calm her down when she is crying. This has been a struggle for us since she has been a crier. She has cried for hours on end through the day and night for days in a row. When we finally went into the pediatrician at 4 weeks for a weight check and she told us she wanted us to buy this DVD called "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr. Harvey Karp. She told us that this would help us with our crying baby to calm her down. Sure enough we watched it that night and we can now get her to stop crying in less than 10 seconds rather than hours. No more unsuccessful car rides anymore because this DVD works! I would recommend it to anyone that has a baby. Even if they aren't excessively fussy. I feel so much more sane now, and Kaitlyn feels more comforted. Steve loves it because he feels like he can be a real help now with calming her down, and he is.

5 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

I can't believe she is already a month old!!!

CHAR said...

That's a really cute dress... It feels like she was born yesterday. Time flies.

Morrena Harris said...

I love her picture-I need it, can you send it over to Costco, thanks! She is such a beautiful baby and I am so happy that you have the DVD to help her settle down. I think she will just get better and better! Thanks for sharing. Love Nana and Papa too!!!

Hurst Family said...

man how time flys!!! enjoy it while it lasts they grow to fast! Shes a cutie!!

Cody & Lainie said...

Oh! She is so cute! I can't believe it's been a month, I can't wait to see her again and see her cute little smile :o) Keep up the good work!